Teeth whitening can be achieved in a variety of ways for those who want a sparkling smile. Since we greatly believe that, a white tooth has an essential role in our person’s self-esteem. But, in reality, it may eventually get yellowish as we age.
One good thing is that, there are a number of ways to halt or even reverse the process. But, sensitive teeth are the result of receding gum, periodontitis, or damaged teeth. This causes teeth whitening a little more difficult.
Which is why seeing your dentist before beginning any whitening treatment is a good idea. Considering your dentist is the most knowledgeable about you and your oral history. They can work with you all throughout.
They can design the most effective and pleasant method for whitening sensitive teeth.
But, what causes teeth discoloration?
Teeth may discolor for a variety of reasons over time. To mention some, here it is below:
- excessive consumption of coffee, wine, and tea
- medicines, such as antidepressants and blood pressure medications, are prescribed.
- age or trauma-related fatigue.
- usage of tobacco products.
You can try to avoid tooth staining by eliminating foods. Also, by minimizing the intake of beverages that are proven to discolor teeth. If possible, you can also try to quit cigarette consumption or chewing tobacco. Your doctor can also suggest alternatives if needed.
How teeth discoloration be avoided?
Teeth whitening products are divided into two types:
- Dentist-recommended whitening products or services. These are products that are generally stronger. The following are some of them:
- Personalized dental trays with whitening gels. These are custom-made to match the contour of your teeth. The trays are made using imprints of your teeth to ensure that they suit your mouth precisely. There is enough space in the slots to fit the needed amount of bleaching gel.
- Powered teeth whitening. Bleaching is one way of eliminating tooth discolorations. An accurate assessment is required. Especially for the proper use of tooth-whitening procedures and solutions.
- Led light activated bleaching. Through activating the bleaching agent and initiating the chemical process, LED light works. together with a tooth-whitening chemical to whiten teeth. When used alone, an LED light will not affect the color of the teeth. When mixed with the whitening agent, it works as a catalyst. It can even speed up the chemical response of the bleaching process.
- Teeth whitening products sold over the counter. Various over-the-counter products can be found in supermarkets, drug shops, and online stores like:
- Whitening strips. These can be purchased over the counter. It can help to remove discoloration and lighten your teeth. Whitening strips are applied straight to the teeth. Even though the sheets include substances like carbamide peroxide, Still, the ADA claims that they are safe and effective.
- Toothpaste that whitens teeth. These toothpastes include the blue covarine ingredient. It sticks to the tooth’s surface and provides a visual effect that makes teeth look whiter. Brightening toothpaste might take 2 to 6 weeks to build teeth seem whiter if used two times a day.
- Teeth whitening mouthwash. These include hydrogen peroxide. It is a bleaching chemical that helps to eliminate discoloration from your teeth. To whiten your teeth, you can simply rinse your mouth with the whitening liquid on a routine basis.
- Whitening gels. These are colorless, peroxide-based gels that are applied to the surfaces of teeth using a tiny brush. Depending on the intensity of the peroxide, different instructions are required. Strictly review the product’s instructions. The first results appear after a few days, and the ultimate results last for about four months.
- Teeth whitening powder. Bentonite clay, processed coconut charcoal, coconut oil, and orange seed oil make up the natural composition. Honestly, it has a pleasant minty scent. But, they work together to softly whiten your teeth. Not only that, it can also remove impurities without causing damage to your enamel or gums.
When looking for an effective tooth whitening product, be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Choose products containing ingredients like carbamide and hydrogen peroxide. These have been shown to be beneficial.
- Seek for items that have received approval from professional organizations. To mention, this is the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- Read internet reviews to learn what the other people are talking about a product. A review of before and after images might give a good idea. It’s a wise clue on what to expect from a specific tooth whitening product manufacturer.
Teeth whitening solutions and products are typically safe to use. Not only that, it is also effective and affordable approach to eliminate stains from the teeth. However, it is critical that individuals utilize them responsibly in order to avoid negative consequences.
After utilizing whitening treatments, some persons may have gum inflammation and tooth sensitivity. If you are thinking on using tooth whitening solutions, better talk to your dentist first. It’s also a good idea to look at user feedback, dental advice, and ingredient listings.
You should also have reasonable expectations. Recognize that visible benefits may take time. Bear in mind that, at-home bleaching treatments are effective. But they may not provide the same outcomes compare to those done by the dentist.
Just a gentle reminder…
- Excessive usage of whiteners can harm tooth enamel and gums, so read the labels carefully.
- Using these items inappropriately might harm the enamel on their teeth. Which might cause long-term issues. So, better consult your dentist ahead of time.
Conclusions and Implications for Practice
Tooth brightening is a dental treatment. It should be conducted as part of an overall treatment. And must be planned by a dentist following an initial evaluation. Remember, tooth-whitening procedures are both effective and safe when done correctly.