The “edges” is an essential part of any hairstyle. Whether you’re rocking a fade, a low fade, a high fade, a side part, or even a quiff; your edges need to be perfect for it to work. Unfortunately, many guys find it hard to get their edges right. If you’re someone who struggles with keeping yourself up and tidy, keep reading for some helpful tips on how to do your edges with a toothbrush. Wait, what? Did you read that right? A toothbrush?! Well… yes! As odd as it may seem, a toothbrush is an excellent tool for grooming your hairline and maintaining your natural hair ends. But first things first… What exactly are edgy haircuts? Let’s find out!
What Is An Edgy Haircut?
When someone says they want an “edgy haircut”, they are referring to the “hairline” (or “temple” as they call it) on their head. The hairline is the area where the hair ends behind your ears and on the back of your head. It’s a really important part of hairstyles for men who want to wear their natural hair loose or curly. If your “hairline” is not well-groomed, it will ruin the whole hairstyle. No matter how good the rest of your hair looks.
Edgy haircuts fall into two categories: Skin Fades and Temple Fades.
– A skin fade is when the hair is cut very short at the back and around the ears, leaving the hair longer at the top and around the temples.
– A temple fade is when the hair is cut short on the sides, with the hair longer on top and around the temples.
Why Do Edges With A Toothbrush?
A toothbrush may seem like an unexpected tool to use for your hair, but it’s an excellent way to groom and maintain your natural hair. It’s also a great tool for guys to use if they’re worried about the potential damage that clippers can cause. Plus, it’s important to note that you won’t be brushing your hair with the bristles of the toothbrush. Instead, you’ll be using the handle to gently smooth your edges down.
Traditionally, when you get your hair cut at the barbershop, the barber will use a pair of clippers to trim down the sides of your hair. They’ll also use clippers to cut off any excess hair growing behind your ears. Unfortunately, these clippers can be quite damaging to your hair if not used the right way. A toothbrush is an excellent alternative to using clippers to cut down your hair. It’s a tool that you can use in your own home and at your convenience. It’s also a great way to avoid any potential damage that clippers can cause to your hair.
How To Use A Toothbrush To Get Your Edges Right
– First, use a comb to section off your hair at the back of your head. Make sure to leave a little bit of hair on the back of your head. This is so that you have something to hold onto when you’re brushing down your edges with the toothbrush.
– Use your fingers and the comb to brush down the hair at the back of your head until your hair is smooth and flat against your head.
– Now, use the toothbrush to carefully smooth down any hair that may have bunched up or been lifted from the rest of your hair.
– Section off the hair at the front of your head with a comb. Start brushing down the hair with the toothbrush until it’s smooth and flat against your head.
– If you’re worried about the toothbrush leaving bristles in your hair or making your hair look too smooth, try getting a fine-toothed comb to use in conjunction with the toothbrush.
Tips For Using A Toothbrush On Your Hair
– Remember to be gentle when brushing down the hair at the back of your head. You don’t want to yank the hair down with force; you only want to use gentle pressure.
– Make sure that you’re brushing down all of the hair that’s near your ears and hairline. Don’t forget to also brush down the sides of your head and the back of your neck.
– Brush down the hair at the back of your head when it’s wet, rather than when it’s dry. Especially if you have coarse or curly hair. Brushing down your edges when your hair is wet is a great way to reduce any potential damage that brushing down your hair can cause.
– Brush down your edges as often as needed. If you’re looking to grow out your hair, you can do this daily. If you want to keep your edges cut, you can do this a couple of times a week.
– Remember that if you’re going from a short haircut to longer hair, you’ll need to brush down your edges more often.
There are a ton of benefits to using a toothbrush to groom your edges. It’s a cheap and affordable tool that you can use in the comfort of your own home whenever you need it. It’s also something that you can travel with and take to the barbershop if you’re a guy who prefers to get his hair cut at the barbershop. A toothbrush is a great tool that can help you achieve the perfect edges on any hairstyle.