It’s no secret that the world is obsessed with wheat these days. Whether it’s in the form of pasta, crackers, or even bread, this wholesome grain is a source of protein and fiber. But can a wheat toothbrush also be used to effectively clean your teeth? After all, when it comes to oral hygiene products like toothbrushes, many people are skeptical about their effectiveness.
Are there hidden benefits to using a wheat-based brush over other brushes? Or should you steer clear? Let’s discuss the pros and cons of using a wheat bristle toothbrush vs other manual toothbrushes.
What is a Wheat Brush?
A wheat brush is an eco-friendly toothbrush that uses bristles made from wheat kernels to clean your teeth. Wheat bristle toothbrushes can be made from a variety of different types of wheat, depending on the manufacturer.
The most popular types are wheat grass, sorghum, and emmer wheat. While there aren’t any specific studies on the effectiveness of a wheat brush, there are plenty of anecdotal reports of people who swear by this eco-friendly method of oral hygiene. In addition to its eco-friendliness, another big draw of wheat brushes is that they can help remove stains from teeth over time.
Pros of Using a Wheat Toothbrush
- Healthier teeth and gums: A wheat bristle toothbrush can naturally remove plaque and food debris from the surface of your teeth. This can help you avoid gum disease, cavities, and other oral health issues. A wheat brush may also be beneficial for people sensitive to other bristles that are used in toothbrushes.
- No harmful chemicals: Another benefit of using a wheat brush is that it is free from harmful chemicals that are found in common toothpaste brands. It can help you avoid the chemicals that are known to cause gum disease and tooth sensitivity. Using a wheat brush can also help you avoid the chemicals in whitening toothpaste.
- Long-lasting teeth: Some studies show that chewing wheat kernels can help slow down the rate at which your teeth naturally wear away. Plus, chewing wheat kernels can help your teeth look whiter over time.
Cons of Using a Wheat Toothbrush
- It takes time to work: While some studies show a wheat brush can help whiten your teeth, it can take several weeks or even months of brushing with a wheat brush to see any results. It can be discouraging for people who want to see results faster.
- Only cleans the surface: Another potential downside of using a wheat brush is that it only cleans the surface of your teeth. It makes it more difficult for you to remove plaque that has built up in the grooves of your teeth.
- Can be too abrasive: Some wheat brushes have very stiff bristles that can be too abrasive for your teeth. This can be bad for your oral health and can damage your teeth.
How to Use a Wheat Toothbrush for Best Results
When using a wheat brush, you must be using the proper technique. Start by adding a small amount of toothpaste onto the bristles of your wheat brush. You can then brush your teeth the same way you would with any other toothbrush. Make sure to brush all areas of your teeth, including the top and the bottom. You can also use your wheat brush to clean the inside of your teeth by brushing along the gum line.
You can also use your wheat brush as a tongue scraper, which can help remove debris from your tongue’s surface and freshen up your breath. Be sure to use gentle strokes while brushing your tongue to avoid hurting your gums.
A wheat brush can be an effective toothbrush for those who want to use a natural, eco-friendly oral hygiene product. Wheat brushes can help remove plaque from your teeth and can even help whiten your teeth over time. Plus, a wheat toothbrush is free from harmful chemicals that often exist in traditional toothbrushes.
Looking for a good wheat toothbrush to go eco-friendly? Reach out to our toothbrush supplier or checkout for a sample here!